Chimney Repairs Case Study 1

The property was constructed c1770. The main house has four chimneys stacks with thirty six flues in total. We carried out an initial survey on the chimneys, completed survey drawings and a stone schedule from the survey and cost estimates.

Two of the four chimneys required complete rebuilding from roof level up while the other two required major repairs. We carried out indent repairs where there were small localised repairs and then we used new Wicklow Granite tooled correctly to match the existing where new stones were required.

Internally we identified blockages in the existing flues and cleared them to allow installation of a stainless steel flue for gas fires. All chimneys had new lead DPC’s fitted and the existing cap stones either re-bedded or in some cases new stones fitted.

For more information read our other Chimney Repairs Case Study